Remove this ad

Lead

May 31 12 10:21 AM

Tags : :

I dulled this old acetate promo when I cleaned it with a baby wipe.  What should I polish it with?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

May 31 12 3:54 PM

Dunno what to tell you, as I have no experiece with acetates. But you've reminded me of a promo that I "ruined." Got a nice '65 Pontiac Bonneville at a flea market that seems to be painted in a nice metallic turquoise color, but the paint was very flat, and had a couple minor scratches. I decided to try to polish it out, using my standard stuff. The polish ate the paint off right down to the plastic almost immediately--it must have been VERY thin. The plastic underneath was almost the same color, but of course not metallic. Ah shucks oh well, I guess I'll have to strip the rest of the paint off it and either polish the plastic, or repaint it.

IF I can find the thing. At the moment I can't lay hands on it, nor a Poppy Red (orange) '65 Mustang I bought at the same place and time that I've been in the mood to work on lately. I suppose they'll turn up eventually, probably when I'm looking for something else.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help