Remove this ad

#41 [url]

Jul 19 12 9:43 PM

The Kalamazoo antique toy show, called Circus Maximus, occurs twice a year: the third(?) Saturday in May, and the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

-mwcrowel

Cool. I ran across some info on the one in November, but I didn't know they had a second one. It had been so long since I was there, I didn't know if they still had that one until I ran across the info about it at the Macomb show. Sounds like they do basically the same thing as the other shows.....spring and fall. I wanted to go to the Kazoo show this past fall, but spent all the money I had saved up, at the Macomb show! Maybe I can get there this year.  
I was there only once, and that was in November of 1984. I bought my AMT 1967 Ford Galaxie 500 hardtop kits there. There were two cars in the box, and one had been built and disassembled. The other was untouched! There was enough in there to make a complete kit with stock parts, and about half of the other. You won't believe what I gave for that box. I gave $10 for it! You couldn't get that one for $10 now!! Not possible. Let-alone TWO! I lucked out that day.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#43 [url]

Jul 19 12 10:19 PM

Yes, you did.  Those models that are "luck-out" deals are often more special to us, than the ones for which we paid a bundle.

-mwcrowel

Yes, I couldn't agree with you more. On top of that, this one is special anyway. Although it was the convertible that I got for my 7th birthday in 1967, I wanted the hardtop even worse. I have both the hardtop and convertible models of the '67 Galaxie. The '67 Ford Galaxie is the first model I ever laid eyes on, and is what got it all started for me building models, as well as peaked my interest even more into the 1:1 cars. These are the ones that you would have to pry out of my cold hands when the time comes! I'll never get rid of 'em. They're with me for the duration!
In addition, I have all three of these '67 Galaxies under construction right now.I finally decided to get them built, and put into my display case. I'm gonna like that.

Quote    Reply   

#45 [url]

Jul 20 12 8:52 AM

Sounds like a plan. I probably won't get them done until sometime this winter, because I threw them into the pile of four other kits that I had started working on as well. I will most definitely be building the convertible and one hardtop bone stock, so I will be glad to put them on here when I get them done. The other hardtop doesn't have all the stock parts to it, and will be built to resemble the black detective's car in the movie "Bullitt". Should be a fun project.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help