Remove this ad

Lead

Aug 10 12 10:45 AM

Tags : :

Hi gang! I've had such fun here that I was inspired to start a new forum here at Lefora on Retro & Nostalgia Scale Modeling. The idea is to celebrate and have fun with the old kits that we built as kids in the '50s, '60s, and '70s. I know at least some of you here are modelers and enjoy the older kits (pre-1981). Note that that date is for the KIT, not the subject matter.

So come on over and share your older models, whether you built it "back in the day" or it's something you're working on right now. It's not just for cars, either, so if you're into aircraft, armor, ships, figures, monsters, or anything else, there's a section for it. Also sections for old box art, WIPs and tips and tutorials, and "survivors" (models you actually built before 1981, if you still have any).

I'm going to be announcing the site this weekend on a model airplane forum where I had 30 or 40 people tell me they want to participate, so I need all the model car enthusiasts I can find to even things out. So drop by, post up some of your stuff, and HAVE FUN!

Special thanks to our host here, Mark, who was of vital help to me in setting the joint up and encouraging me to DO IT!

Here's the link to the dump:

http://retroscalemodeling.lefora.com/

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Aug 10 12 10:24 PM

I'm bangin' on the door, but I can't get in.  I clicked Join Now, logged in with my username and password, got to the forum page that has a box that says Apply for Membership.  I clicked it, and it says in red letters "Captcha mismatch. Try again."  It also says "prove you are human by copyong the characters below."  There's nothing there.

I'll try again later.  If I can't get in, I'll bug Chief and let him figuer it out.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Aug 11 12 12:33 AM

I'm bangin' on the door, but I can't get in.  I clicked Join Now, logged in with my username and password, got to the forum page that has a box that says Apply for Membership.  I clicked it, and it says in red letters "Captcha mismatch. Try again."  It also says "prove you are human by copyong the characters below."  There's nothing there.
I'll try again later.  If I can't get in, I'll bug Chief and let him figuer it out.

-mwcrowel

It did that to me too Mark. What you have to do is enter the product wording in the advertisement box (pain in the butt) where it asks to prove you are human. At least that's what I had to do, and I got through okay. I had to pass on the other advertisements also, but I got there after I figured that darned product advertisement box out. I just kept asking for a new puzzle until something easy came up.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Aug 11 12 3:57 AM

I don't know what the deal is with Lefora sometimes. Sometimes the login system just doesn't work. All you can do is come back later and try again. I had that happen on the day I created the thing.

Actually it took me FOUR WEEKS to create it, because every time I tried, I got a message that Lefora was in SYSTEM MAINTENANCE. I complained on the bug board and they said they were looking into it but nothing ever changed. Finally the admin suggested I log out and try creating the board as a new user. I had to do this using my wife's email addy because it wouldn't let me do it using mine, although it let me use the same name. So now as far as Lefora is concerned there are two different "Snake45s." I can't be logged into this board and mine at the same time, so I run one on the Internet Explorer browser and the other one on the AOL browser. Ah shucks oh well, I guess we're here to improvise, adapt, and overcome, aren't we?

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Aug 11 12 6:15 AM

So far I have had zero problems. The sign up went smoothly and I can have both forums open at the same time and no problems opening. I did change my user name to what I use on all the other forums I'm on though.

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Aug 11 12 9:57 AM

So far I have had zero problems. The sign up went smoothly and I can have both forums open at the same time and no problems opening. I did change my user name to what I use on all the other forums I'm on though.

-crai2773

Once I got through the "puzzle" to get signed up, I had no problems after that. I don't seem to be able to have them open at the same time, unless I open up a new window and log in to the other one. What I do have the option of, is choosing between the two when I get logged in. All I have to do is click on my username in the black bar at the right-hand top of the forum. Then in my profile it lists the Lefora forums I am a member of. I can click back and forth between them all day long.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Aug 11 12 8:31 PM

That happened to me for a while the other day, and someone else told me about it today. It appears to be something that comes and goes with Lefora for some reason. Try it again tomorrow is all I can tell you.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#12 [url]

Aug 11 12 10:05 PM

-mwcrowel

Mark, are you still getting nothing at all in the advertisement box to copy? When I went through it, in the box under the red letters saying "Captcha mismatch. Try again", and also saying to prove you are human, I had an advertisement in the box.

What I got was an ad for "Swiffer" products. I could bring other ads up (or puzzles as the little button said) by clicking on the little "buttons" under the box. This is what finally brought up something I was comfortable copying, and it went through. I finally got something that said "Scot Free". I copied it in the space they wanted you to put it in, submitted it, and it went through. Are you getting any of those ads in the box when you get to that point?

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Aug 12 12 3:33 PM

No, Les, just blank white space.

-mwcrowel

Hmmmm.........?? I am at a loss then! That was the portal that allowed me to sign up for the Retro forum. I think I'm at the end of the "help" rope now.

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Aug 12 12 7:38 PM

Tried it again.  If I wasn't bald already, I'd tear out my hair.
  Snake, your forum is taking off like an F-16 with its afterburner on.  In just a few days, you have 79 members, and you're ranked 68 among several thousand Lefora forums.  Congratulations.

It's frustrating, because I can't join the fun.

(!@#$%^&**&^%$#@!!!!)

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Aug 13 12 11:37 AM

Just a thought.....do you think your anti-virus program might be interfering with the process? I've heard of people having that happen, but it's not happened to me like that. I have installed a program or two on my computer in the past, that told me to turn it off until the program was installed, because it may interfer with the installation. I thought maybe it could be something like that happening to you? Maybe a long shot, but ya never know.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help