Remove this ad

Lead

Aug 29 12 12:01 PM

Tags : :

I have built a couple of the Classic Motorworks die cast kits and I was wondering what some of you here think of the overall subject matter , finish , and the ease of construction . Right now , I'm completing a 1-25th scale 1955 Oldsmobile 88 Convertable . The finish seems to be very nice and the ease is pretty good . Some of the pieces are plastic and some of course are metal. Rather clever was the way they did the doors . The top half is plastic , lowers are metal . The chrome side molding hides all of the gap . I'll do some pictures as soon as Ican get a completed piece together .

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Aug 29 12 3:07 PM

I've done two of them, '69 Camaro and '66 GTO. They're not quite as accurate or detailed as plastic kits but they were fun to get together in a few hours and look good on the shelf. I thought I'd posted them here in the diecast section but just checked and see I haven't. I'll have to get a few pics of them and post them up.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Aug 30 12 5:09 AM

I have a '66 Chevelle and GTO. The Chevelle was factory built and the GTO is a kit. Your statement that they are not as detailed as a plastic kit is correct. However, they are pretty nice and would fit right in with a promo or plastic model collection. I have been looking at the '55 Oldsmobile kit myself, but have not bought it, yet.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Aug 30 12 9:26 AM

Turns out I have one photo of the CMW '66 GTO and two of the '69 Camaro on the pooter. I'll take some more pics of each eventually and start new threads on them. Had to lighten the Camaro pix a bit so they look brighter/more orange than the real model. The red on it is actually a pretty good match for the (darkish) '69 Chevy Garnet Red.

I paid less than $15 each for these with a coupon at Michael's and I think they represent a good value at that price point, for a diecast. The Camaro in particular could be mistaken for a much more expensive diecast.

Click here to view the attachment

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Aug 30 12 10:55 PM

Yes these are decent looking for cheap die casts. You're right about the Camaro, it does look like a much more expensive car. Good detail for the price. It looks good.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help